UKATA RPE Competent Person
On successful completion of this course, delegates should:
• Have an increased knowledge of the reasons for using RPE and the types of RPE available
• Understand the RPE selection process, how the selection of the correct RPE is determined and how to
correctly use RPE
• Have an understanding of the legal requirements surrounding RPE
• Have a general knowledge of RPE by understanding;
▪ Training requirements
▪ Filter types and uses
▪ The importance of cleaning RPE and how to do so correctly
▪ The importance of regular maintenance and key maintenance checks
▪ How to correctly store RPE
▪ How to correctly dispose of Filters and other disposable items
• Have an understanding of record keeping and the importance of this
• Understand the procedures and requirements for face fit testing and the different methods used
• Have an understanding of assigned protection factors and risk phrases
• Understand the health hazards associated with incorrect use of RPE
• Know how to identify and record faults
The course is usually delivered as a half day course.
Employers, supervisors, health & safety representatives and elected company representatives who are responsible for the selection, use, maintenance and the record keeping for employees RPE.
Individuals that are responsible for the above areas should have appropriate experience within the area of work which they are responsible for the employees’ overall safety.
Anybody selecting, using or maintaining RPE should be competent. You should be able to demonstrate this by reference to records of appropriate training.
The course certification will expire after 1 years.
To enquire about the cost of this course, please complete the enquiry form below.